Thanks for taking the time to read our Terms of Service
- In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Consumer means any individual who acquires OVP’s services wholly or predominately for personal, domestic, or commercial use.
- Customer means any person or entity requesting OVP to provide Services.
- OVP means OnlineVideoProductionCompany.co.uk. This digital service website is owned by Loop Europe Ltd (UK company no. 9163224) of registered office The Greenhouse, Ashbourne road, Derby, DE22 3AG.
- Agreed Fee means the fee quoted on the Product page by OVP or in any quotation once accepted by the Customer.
- Materials means any goods, chattels, items or things, including but not limited to any photographs, documents (whether digital or hard copy), tapes, videos, films, footage, props and equipment provided by the Customer to OVP for the purposes of OVP supplying the Services.
- Digital Download(s) means digital media stored by OVP and made available in a downloadable format to the Customers after payment of the final Balance.
- Raw Footage means master footage recorded by OVP as part of provision of the Services.
- Services means video production, video hosting and/or any other digital media services proposed by OVP.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to and are incorporated into all contracts, agreements, arrangements, transactions, and dealings entered into by OVP with any Customer in relation to the provision of Services by OVP.
- All work carried out by OVP is on the basis that the Customer has agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Consumer Contract
- If the Customer is a Consumer:
- These conditions do not affect any rights the Customer has under the Consumer Rights Act 2015; and
- These conditions do not affect the laws in force in the place in which the contract is made prior to the contract.
- Quotations are calculated by estimating how long it will take to provide the Services under typical circumstances and the value that Service will bring to the customer either financially, by branding authority, or otherwise. One round of Customer changes and/or revisions is included in each quotation.
- If the Customer instructs OVP that significant changes and/or revisions to the scope of the Services described in a quotation are required, then OVP shall be entitled to charge an additional Agree Fee based on a further quotation.
- If the Customer has engaged OVP to provide Services on a specified date, the Customer may notify OVP in writing (during normal business hours) that the Customer does not require the Services to be provided on that date (“the cancellation”).
- If notification of the cancellation is provided outside of normal business hours, it is deemed to have been provided at the commencement of the following business day.
- If the cancellation is made more than 48 hours prior to the day on which OVP has been engaged to provide the Services, the Customer must reimburse OVP for any expenses incurred by OVP in preparation for provision of the Services. For digital products the day of engagement is the agreed delivery date for that download to be made available.
- If the cancellation is made between 48 and 24 hours prior to the day on which OVP has been engaged to provide the Services, the Customer must pay 50% of the Agreed Fee.
- If the cancellation is made within 24 hours of the time at which OVP has been engaged to provide the Services, the Customer must pay the Agreed Fee in full.
- If the cancellation is made while OVP is providing Services to the Customer, the Customer must pay the Agreed Fee in full.
- Any amount payable pursuant to clauses 5.c., 5.d., 5.e. or 5.f. must be paid by the Customer within 30 days of the cancellation.
- The Customer will pay to OVP the Agreed Fee in the following manner:
- 30% of the Agreed Fee will be payable prior to the commencement of the Services (“the Deposit”).
- For Digital Downloads the balance will be paid after validating the final product and before being given access to the secure download url. If the payment is made the get access to the Digital Download, it is considered that the Customer has validated and accepted the final product.
- For non-digital Services the balance will be payable within 14 days of the date of any interim or final invoices submitted in respect of the Services; and OVP will not commence any pre-production activities until the Customer has paid the Deposit.
- If any OVP invoice or part thereof is not paid within 30 days of the date of the invoice, then the Customer agrees that interest will accrue on the outstanding amount at the rate specified by current Bank of England base rates.
7. Variations (additional quotation applies)
- OVP will provide the Customer with one (1) ‘draft copy’ of an initial edited video file. The Customer must notify OVP of all proposed changes within fourteen (7) days of receipt of the draft copy by the Customer.
- Once the proposed changes have been made, OVP will provide the Customer with a ‘final draft copy’ which is to be used solely for the purpose of verifying that the proposed changes have been correctly implemented. No new changes may be requested unless the Customer purchases another variation.
- The Customer must notify OVP of any errors in the final draft copy within fourteen (7) days.
- Once the seven (7) day review period for both the ‘draft copy’ and ‘final draft copy’ has elapsed, OVP may refuse to make any further changes.
- The Customer acknowledges that some changes may not be possible.
8. Venue Location Fees & Permissions
- The Customer must obtain any necessary consent or permission and pay any fees which may apply for OVP to film at a particular venue, location or event.
9. Artistic Licence
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that editing an event and the production of finished works may include elements of artistic expression and interpretation.
- OVP reserves the right to use ‘Artistic Licence’ in any commissioned works that require editing or the production of finished works. The re-editing of commissioned works is offered as an optional extra by prior arrangement. A quotation for re-editing will be provided by OVP on request (see clause 7 – variations above).
10. Customer’s Materials
- All Materials are used and stored by OVP solely at the Customer’s risk and OVP is under no obligation to insure any Materials.
- Neither OVP nor any of its officers, employees, agents or subcontractors will be liable for any loss, destruction or damage (“Loss”) of the Materials other than loss caused by their negligence but any liability for such loss will be limited to replacement of the Materials;
- OVP will not be liable in respect of any Loss of the Materials arising out of the action of any person not employed or engaged by or associated with OVP even though such person is present during and involved with the performance of the Services; and
- The Customer must retain a master copy of each and every recording delivered to OVP for the purposes of the Contract.
11. Customer Acknowledgements
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that: OVP will have a lien on Materials provided by the Customer; and No title (including any copyright) in the Services manufactured, produced, duplicated, or otherwise provided by OVP will be transferred to the Customer until the Customer pays all amounts due to OVP in full.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that upon payment of all outstanding invoices due to OVP, the Customer is entitled to receive the finished works, but has no entitlement to the working files of OVP.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the content, views, and opinions expressed in the finished works produced for the Customer by OVP are solely those of the Customer. The finished works are intended to represent the opinion of the Customer and in no way reflect the views and opinions of OVP, its employees and subcontractors.
12. Customer Undertakings and Warranties
- The Customer must obtain all necessary permissions and authorities in respect of the use of the Materials which are to be included in the Customer video.
- The Customer indemnifies and holds OVP harmless from any claims or legal actions related to the content of the Customer’s video.
- The Customer hereby indemnifies and holds harmless OVP against all loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by OVP as a result of any breach of clauses 12.a. and 12.b. .
13. Project Delays and Client Liability
- Any estimate of the date by which OVP will complete any part of the Services is contingent upon the Customer providing complete instructions to OVP and fully cooperating with OVP until OVP has ceased providing Services to the Customer.
- The Customer must appoint a person who has complete authority to provide instructions to OVP and respond to requests for feedback until OVP has ceased providing Services to the Customer. The person appointed pursuant to clause 13.b. must be available to respond to communications from OVP on every day which is a business day in England.
- OVP reserves the right to sub-contract any Services that OVP has agreed to perform for the Customer as it sees fit.
15. Recorded Material
- The Raw Footage, video files, audio files and edited video files including all copyright remain the property of OVP until full payment is made for the Services.
- Where Services remain unpaid or in the event that a final agreed payment is not made, OVP reserves the right to withhold all recordings and finished works and use all or portions of the recordings and finished works for display, promotional or commercial purposes.
- Copyright in all video, images, audio, lyrics or musical composition included or recorded in the edited video or recorded by equipment used by OVP will remain the property of the author or legal entity owning the copyright.
15.2 Special Provisions for Ownership
- OVP reserves the right to retain ownership of any recorded material of an anomalous nature once discovered in post-production. The copyright of such recordings will belong to OVP.
- OVP has the right to use edited or unedited video files produced pursuant to these Terms and Conditions for promotional or commercial purposes, unless an alternative arrangement is made between OVP and the Customer. The copyright of such segments will belong exclusively to OVP.
- Raw Footage, video files, audio files and edited video files will be retained for up to twenty-eight (28) days only and will then be disposed of, deleted, or erased. If at the end of twenty-eight (28) days Services have not been paid for, OVP reserves the right to dispose of all Raw Footage, video files, audio files, edited video files, recorded materials and finished works.
- Digital Downloads will only be available for twenty-eight (28) days after the Customer has been notified for Product validation. The digital media will be automatically erased from the download storage filing system after this period has elapsed. The Customer may request that OVP continue to store the media, and a hosting service subscription with a monthly charge will be proposed.
15.4 Raw Footage
- The Customer may purchase Raw Footage in viewable format for an additional fee of £200.00 per day of footage plus VAT. If the Customer requires any Raw Footage to be provided by way of a separate hard disk, then Customer must pay OVP an additional fee of £250.00 plus VAT.
16. Failure of Equipment or illness of OVP employees and contractors.
- Whilst all reasonable care and preparation is taken for videography and editing, OVP will not be liable for any compensation except for return of any Deposit paid, should a failure occur in all or any of the electronic equipment used or due to illness of the operators or person(s) employed or engaged by OVP or because of an unforeseen event or any dispute regarding the ownership of recorded materials.
17. Right of Refusal or Termination
- OVP reserves the right to terminate the provision of Services, if: the videographer, or any person(s) employed or contracted by OVP is placed in a position where there is an actual or apparent risk of injury; or there is a risk that any of the equipment used may be damaged.
- If OVP terminates the provision of Services pursuant to clause 17.a. then any Deposit paid by the Customer is non-refundable.
- Should any of the circumstances outlined in clause 17.a. occur, OVP may seek compensation from the Customer for any loss or damage suffered.
18. Limitation of Liability
- The parties acknowledge that, under applicable UK law, certain clauses, conditions, guarantees and warranties may be implied in these Terms and Conditions and there are rights and remedies conferred on the Customer in relation to the provision of goods or of services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement (“Non-excludable Rights”). Except to the extent of Non-excludable Rights, OVP will not be liable for:
- Any claim by the Customer or any person, including without limitation any claim relating to or arising from all clauses, conditions, guarantees and warranties express or implied, and all rights and remedies conferred on the Customer, by statute, the common law, equity, trade, custom, usage or otherwise; and
- Any representations, warranties, conditions, or agreement made by any agent or representative which are not expressly confirmed by OVP in writing, and the liability of OVP for any such matters is hereby excluded.
- Where (and to the extent) permitted by law the liability of OVP for a breach of a Non-excludable Right can be limited, OVP’s liability is limited, at OVP’s option, to one of the following:
- The supply of the service again; or
- Payment for the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Notwithstanding any other provision, OVP is in no circumstance (whatever the cause) liable in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise to compensate the Customer for:
- Any increased costs or expenses;
- Any loss of profit, revenue, business, contracts or anticipated savings;
- Any loss or expense resulting from a claim by a third party; or
- Any special, indirect or consequential injury, loss, damage or expense whatsoever and howsoever arising.
19. Force Majeure
- If OVP cannot carry out an obligation under the Contract either in whole or in part because of anything outside its reasonable control, including without limitation, fire, flood, storm, earthquake, explosion, accident, road or rail closures, rail derailment, wharf delays, war, terrorism, sabotage, epidemic, quarantine restriction, labour dispute or shortage, act or omission of any third person or public authority, then OVP’s obligations under the Contract will be suspended for the duration of the event or waived to the extent applicable.
20. Legal Costs
- The Customer will be liable for any legal costs incurred by OVP in the recovery of unpaid invoices on an indemnity basis.
- All information received by OVP from the Customer, written or otherwise, will be kept confidential. Any private information will not be divulged or distributed to any third party without the Customer’s consent.
22. Other Matters which Affect the Contract
- The laws of England apply to the Contract and the Customer must bring any proceedings against OVP in a Derby City Court.
- If a condition or part of a condition is unenforceable, it must be severed from the Contract and does not make the rest of the Contract unenforceable.
- OVP is not bound by any waiver, discharge or release of a condition or any agreement which changes the Contract unless it is in writing and signed by or for OVP.
- OVP reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Amendments will be effective after the Customer has been given 7 days written notice.
Our Terms and Conditions are in place to ensure that your rights as a Consumer are protected.
Please validate to continue.